Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Convergence's Avitar

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Stovebolt6's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 26th, 2003
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    What speaker is that in your avitar?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member dgwojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    172
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It looks home made, and very nice!!

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member LICORNE's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,603
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Post

    HI

    I'm glad you like them they are furniture cabinets
    made by a furniture maker.Duplex. The wood is cherry natural not red "just a touch".The speaker is rear mounted and the grill does not come off.Cheaper to manufacture.

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member LICORNE's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,603
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Post

    If anny one is interrested in solid furniture speaker. Just contact me . He can have model 19 made for you. He works on a contract basis. 50% down payment the balance on delivery or else your cabinets will remain in his show room untill delivery.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Stovebolt6's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 26th, 2003
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Convergence,

    I am interested in the cabinet in your avitar.
    I have a pair of duplexes that need a home. What's the internal volume? Outside dimensions? Cost? Are they ported? How do they sound? Do you have a bigger picture? forums

    Thanks,

    Dan

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Stovebolt6's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 26th, 2003
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Just wanted to bump this up. I'm still interested in these cabinets.

  7. #7
    Senior Hostboard Member Steve Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2006
    Posts
    732
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

    Post

    The most traditional cabinet design I could find off the altec vintage site was this one and the dimensions look similar to the cab in the avatar:
    3

  8. #8
    Senior Hostboard Member Steve Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2006
    Posts
    732
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

    Post

    Did I type the link in wrong? shoot...sorry...I'll try again:
    4

  9. #9
    Senior Hostboard Member Steve Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2006
    Posts
    732
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

    Post

    The rectangular box...constructed with 3/4" to the outside dimensions checks in at 6.8 cubic feet. The literature I've found recommends 4.5 to 12 cubic feet for a 15".

  10. #10
    Senior Hostboard Member Steve Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2006
    Posts
    732
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm going to build a pair of these eventually. I'm going to mount these above my studio mixing area at the ceiling level pointed downwards and will probably turn the speaker sideways so the horns are oriented correctly. I've heard this "size" bass reflex before and it sounds fine. Good luck with your project!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.